Shortcut
Post deleted by lmk34

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 23, 2006, 11:40 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lmk34] puzzled [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a bad optical engine. Hope you're still in the warranty or at least bought an extended warranty.

lmk34
New User

Nov 23, 2006, 3:00 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] puzzled [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks MOtvGuy for the reply to (lmk34's) puzzle , now to open pandora's box, what's the general cost to replace a optical engine for this TV?

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 23, 2006, 5:03 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1310 views)
Shortcut

Make sure you're seated.

an optical engine replacement will probably run you around $1000 - 1500 on that unit, labor included though the labor is the least of the expense. I don't have exact figures and it could easily be a little more than that.

(This post was edited by MOtvGuy on Nov 23, 2006, 5:04 PM)

kevin
New User

Nov 23, 2006, 8:55 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1305 views)
Shortcut

i have a tv here with the same problem & i also suspected the optical block. befor i ordered the part for my cust. i decided to get a hold of a sont tech. this was my e-mail reply.
Does the blue line interferes the display or osd?
if yes check for any loose connectors on the optical block like th elcd panel to "c" board.
if not. check the LVDS cables from the "b" board to the "c" board.

now the optical block is hard to work on & dissamble, but i have fixed a hitachi with the same problem by finding a loose cable on an lcd panel in the optical block. the lvds cables (there are 3) are very delicate & if pulling on wrong will break. each cable is 50 to 100 cdn.

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 24, 2006, 1:58 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kevin] puzzled [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of the Sony's we've seen with the lines in the pix turned out to be an optical block. Yes, throw up the menu, if it's still there it's the block. You can go even further by throwing the rook IC menu up (optical block service menu). This would further eliminate anything before the engine.

lmk34
New User

Nov 28, 2006, 3:19 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1277 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Crazy Sony 42" LCD Projection, made 9/03 model FK-42WE610
started with fine blue vertical lines every now and then, and would go away as TV played, now the lines are constant even after 1-or more hrs. of viewing, any help would be great.
thanks lmk34

Angelic After speaking to a Sony Tech Rep: about my puzzle situation of constant vertical blue lines, advise was to power down TV for about 3-4 min to reset default settings, stated possible cause-'s would be signal from fire trucks, dvd player, ect. Well after restoring power at the receptical the vertical lines went away, could the optical engine still be the problem and is this only a quick fix for a tempory moment? yes I do have extended warrranty, would like some extra input before moving to the next step towards repair sevice.

lmk34
New User

Nov 28, 2006, 3:47 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kevin] puzzled [In reply to] Can't Post

Kevin,
lmk34 here, just wanted to say thanks for your input on my puzzle,

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)