Post #1 of 6 (958 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by ronlj1

zip
User

Mar 30, 2009, 12:43 AM

Post #2 of 6 (948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ronlj1] Need value and rca part number for a surface mount resistor R1572. IT is an RCA model BD20TF10 and Chassis number TX-TVD809. It is located next to the IF IC 1160. Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

that model does not list an R1572

zip
User

Mar 31, 2009, 5:06 AM

Post #3 of 6 (933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ronlj1] Need value and rca part number for a surface mount capacitor C1572. It is an RCA model BD20TF10 and Chassis number TX-TVD809. It is located next to the IF IC 1160. Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

c1572 is rca#253797,.22microfrad-10volt

ronlj1
New User

Mar 31, 2009, 11:21 PM

Post #4 of 6 (923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zip] Need value and rca part number for a surface mount capacitor C1572. It is an RCA model BD20TF10 and Chassis number TX-TVD809. It is located next to the IF IC 1160. Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your help with the value and part# for the cap Zip! I know the cap is shorted out so i am going to try that first and check the board for a hairline crack. I did find a data sheet online for this IC which gave me a pinout with some of the voltages on it and at least I know where to hook up my scope to check for a video signal.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2009, 12:46 AM

Post #5 of 6 (922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ronlj1] Need value and rca part number for a surface mount capacitor C1572. It is an RCA model BD20TF10 and Chassis number TX-TVD809. It is located next to the IF IC 1160. Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Are there any markings on the cap?

The following code marking systems are widely used for surface-mount resistors and capacitors. Resistor values are in Ohms and the capacitor values are in Picofarads.

With the three symbol code, the first two digits are the base figures and the third is the multiplier (number of zeros to add).

Example:
"270" = 27 Ohms (27R) or 27pF.
"331" = 330R or 330pF,
"472" = 4.7k (4k7) or 4.7nF (4n7F).
"2R2" = 2.2Ohms and "2P2 = 2.2pF.

The two-symbol code uses a letter to indicate the base figure in Ohms or pF, and the second digit to indicate the multiplier:

Here are 2 links, 1 will describe this and in more detail the other is a chart of values.

I hope this info helps you find the value you need.

Click Here

Click Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

ronlj1
New User

Apr 2, 2009, 4:33 AM

Post #6 of 6 (911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Need value and rca part number for a surface mount capacitor C1572. It is an RCA model BD20TF10 and Chassis number TX-TVD809. It is located next to the IF IC 1160. Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the information repair man. One of the other users gave me the value on the cap since there were no markings but replaced it and still no RF signal coming through the tuner but good picture if i feed a signal through my converter box to the rca connectors. Was a crack in the board around the tuner near the IF IC 1160 and i had an intermittent picture from the coax connector if i wiggled it. I tryed to repair the crack in the circuit board by jumping it and than lost all signal from the tuner. Might have shorted out IC ll60. Cannot go any further untill I can find a schematic and waveforms since i am working off the schematic for a TX808 which is quite a bit different.
Ronlj1

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)