Post #1 of 5 (949 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by DoItYourSelfGuy

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2006, 12:09 AM

Post #2 of 5 (943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DoItYourSelfGuy] philips 60in PTV528-AH01 sound but no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you have high voltage?

DoItYourSelfGuy
New User

Aug 20, 2006, 1:05 AM

Post #3 of 5 (939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] philips 60in PTV528-AH01 sound but no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a little unsure how to check for high voltage i know what your talking about though just unsure of the best way to go about checking it. I do hear a high pitch noise when i turm the tv on. Also on the power board there are 2 red LED one ligths up when you plug the TV in the other light ups when you turn it on im not sure if these 2 things would be a sign of high voltage or not.

Larry E
User

Aug 21, 2006, 12:46 AM

Post #4 of 5 (927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DoItYourSelfGuy] philips 60in PTV528-AH01 sound but no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you tried turning up any of the screen controls to see if it`s in vertical collapse? The fact your tube filaments are lighting and you have sound suggests at least part of your power supplies are running. Mark the green screen controls current position (so you can put it back to it`s original position if you have to)and then turn it SLOWLY clockwise as you look directly into the lens on top of the green tube, if you see a bright line across the tube immediately turn the control back to it`s original position and troubleshoot your vertical IC and it`s surrounding parts, make sure you have B+ to the chip also, DO NOT leave the set on for a prolonged time with the screen control up as the bright white line will burn the tube. If you do not see a bright line with the screen control turned up then I would say you have no High Voltage and need to check your horizontal drive & output circuit, Larry E

DoItYourSelfGuy
New User

Aug 25, 2006, 2:27 PM

Post #5 of 5 (911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larry E] philips 60in PTV528-AH01 sound but no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

What would be the best way to check my high voltage in this tv if i dont get a white line. If it is my highvoltage what components in my horizontal circuit would i need to change or check I've already changed the horzontal ic. thanks for any help

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)