Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
48" sears lxi

idunno
New User

Oct 12, 2005, 3:00 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1282 views)
Shortcut
48" sears lxi Can't Post

ok heres the deal i got a tv from a friend and the tv had algea in the tubes so i cleaned it out, now all fluid is gone. i have been told to fill the tubes they must be removed is this true? if yes what precautions should be taken when removing the tubes? i was told the reason they can not be filled in the tv is that they musnt have any air inside the tube, is this true? i was told to use an epaline glycol s/p? where can i get this and how much is needed? the tv shops here in aurora Co. arent any help they say bring it in. i know it is just that the tubes needed cleaning i could see that myself when i pulled the head unit from the tubes thay all had a moldy substance on them. i am an electician so i know my share about electrical but never been this far into a tv. a little help would be great.

tbennett
New User

Oct 12, 2005, 11:22 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [idunno] 48" sears lxi [In reply to] Can't Post

You can refill them without taking the tubes out. First remove the magnifying glass from them and the plastic chambers under them. I use a battery refill tube and ball to pump the old out then you must refill them very slow as this is how you get air bubbles in them. The scum on the face of the tube is cleaned out by flushing them. If you remove the tubes you will have to do a complete convergence which is time consuming and not a do it yourself repair. Be sure you don't take out the screws that have springs on them. Just four 1/4 inch screws on each tube is required.

tbennett
New User

Oct 12, 2005, 11:32 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1270 views)
Shortcut

I am assuming that you know how to take the front off the tv and that is how you get to the tubes to remove the magifing lens. It not let me know and I will help you.

In Reply To

idunno
New User

Oct 13, 2005, 4:05 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tbennett] 48" sears lxi [In reply to] Can't Post

well ive got bad news and good i think i did remove the tubes however they are all on a tray i pulled the entire unit is thet ok? all 3 tubes are still in adjustment in the rack. all 3 tubes are cleaned out using a soft lint free cloth as i was directed i stoped in at advanced appliances today and talked to someone they said it would be over 700$ to fill the tubes i said i dont think so.lol anywho does anyone know where i can get the fluid for cheaper than 80 bucks a bottle that is what advanced wants to sell it to me for. i think it is a little high but i could be wrong too. i will definatly need help with he said tuning the colors i havent a clue how to do that

tbennett
New User

Oct 13, 2005, 11:32 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1261 views)
Shortcut

You can contact RSR Electronic, Inc. at www.elexp.com or e-mail them at electron@elexp.com. They have it for $5.70 per bottle of 8 oz. You will need 3 bottles and maybe a 4th one if you spill any. This fluid must not be spilled on any circuits as it will do them in if you do. Their # for the fluid is 25803-250ML. They have a phone number 1-800-972-2225. Another source is phillps.

idunno
New User

Oct 14, 2005, 3:32 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1258 views)
Shortcut

you totally rock man you have been more help to me than the 5 shops i have been to.you wouldnt happen to be in the fixing feild would ya? either way thanx again men your awsome help

tbennett
New User

Oct 14, 2005, 12:41 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Glad to be of some help. I have been retired for 5 years now but yes I did repair tv's for 40 years. Thanks for making my day.

probuilt
User

Oct 16, 2005, 6:40 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1240 views)
Shortcut

Call Guiness book of records, that has to be the biggest rip-off ever, $80 a bottle? You are so lucky to find this forum. I bought a 16oz bottle from my local shop for $10.!! You make me feel good about that, and I thought I was being robbed, LOL. Here is a site that you can order parts on-line, www.audiolabga.com also try, www.fixyourowntv.com . God Luck
Aslo, you might be interested in earnig a new tv for free
Copy and paste this on your browser to get a Flat Screen for free
http://flatscreens.freepay.com/?r=23486733
Just ask "Mel" he did it too. Learn from the Pro's

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)