Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
62"RCA

big_werm
New User

Jul 3, 2010, 12:13 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1024 views)
Shortcut
62"RCA Can't Post

i repair game systems as a hobby,and i got a call from a friend,she said she was vacuuming around her 62" RCA projection tv,afterwards she noticed the screen curves in at the top and bottom,weve tried adjusting the lights and tht didnt have an effect.

any ideas will be greatlly appreciated,thank-x

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 3, 2010, 12:38 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [big_werm] 62"RCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Which 62"RCA?

weve tried adjusting the lights and tht didnt have an effect.

Care to elaborate?Unimpressed

-------------------------

big_werm
New User

Jul 3, 2010, 1:17 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 62"RCA [In reply to] Can't Post

i have to wait for thm to get off work,thn i will have the model number, chassis numer, and year. <br>sorry,i posted a bit premature <br>

he tried adjusting the position of the lights,as far as i kno he hasnt done anything in the service menu,i have more info in about 4 hours.

(This post was edited by big_werm on Jul 3, 2010, 1:19 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 3, 2010, 3:43 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1016 views)
Shortcut

Hopefully NOT (like) these:

-------------------------

big_werm
New User

Jul 4, 2010, 12:05 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 62"RCA [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry it took so long to get bak,had to wait on thm to call me.

year=2006
model= HD52W67
cassis= ITC-222A

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2010, 12:05 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1004 views)
Shortcut

After reading your post, this sounds to me that your convergence is off on the top and bottom (bowed).

Check for an open fuse near the Flyback Transformewr (the number written on the board beside the fuse will be FL231 -- it will be a .4 amp) if this fuse is open then replace with another .4amp fuse. The fuse doesn't have to look the same it just needs to be the same value.

Also resolder the Flyback transformer while your at it to prevent this from happening again.

This should fix your convergence problem. -- The next step is to readjust the tube lenses that you adjusted. By this I mean if you loosened the wing-nuts shown in your photo and adjusted the lenses on the tops of the tubes you'll need to readjust them until your picture is focused again. These lenses do not change the convergence they only focus the tubes kind of like adjusting binoculars; try adjusting them while watching the image on the screen (for this it helps to use a large mirror and position it in front of the TV so you can see the screen from the back while you are making your adjustments).

If you email me direct I can email you a picture of where to find the fuse and flyback transformer mentioned above if you can't find them. (you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

big_werm
New User

Jul 4, 2010, 4:00 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] 62"RCA [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you,would radio shack b able to get the fuse, i found thm on ebay,but i kno shes goona want it done soon and proally wont want to wait to get one off ebay.
thanks again

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)