AKAI LCT3201AD

jinjabred
New User

Oct 9, 2009, 5:42 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3398 views)
Shortcut
AKAI LCT3201AD Can't Post

Greetings everyone,
I've heard these are junk, but it was a gift so I'm considering repairing. As stated it's an AKAI LCT3201AD. The problem is I can push the power button, it lights up with a blue AKAI screen and then goes off. The LED at the bottom of the screen stays green. Everything works, but I can't see image. If I shine a flashlight at screen I can see faint image. I figure it's probably the LCD Inverter, but I'm not sure. I heard that if a bulb is out it can cause this so I hooked them up one by one to see if they were all working and they are. Is this definitely the inverter or could it be the LCD Controller, and if so is there a way to test and find out?
Thanks in advance!
Jordan

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 9, 2009, 6:33 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jinjabred] AKAI LCT3201AD [In reply to] Can't Post

Puffed Lytics? Although testing all are recomended.Wink

-------------------------

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2009, 9:51 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3380 views)
Shortcut

I agree with jts, it will be an electrolytic problem in the power supply.

jinjabred
New User

Oct 11, 2009, 4:59 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] AKAI LCT3201AD [In reply to] Can't Post

The lady I received from said she had it in the shop and they told her they replaced power supply, but she was skeptical as to whether it had been replaced. I didn't see anything obvious on the power supply, but will take a closer look again later this week. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know what I find. I'll try and take some photos as well.

jinjabred
New User

Jan 2, 2010, 5:37 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3300 views)
Shortcut

Alright I know this took awhile, but I just wanted to follow up. I took 3 of the heatsinks off of the power supply and found to bulging capacitators. I've ordered new ones should have next week. When I install them I'll let know how it goes.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)