Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Apex Picture Problems

gileadexile
New User

Oct 24, 2006, 1:25 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1798 views)
Shortcut
Apex Picture Problems Can't Post

I have an Apex AT2002S television that I bought several years ago from a Rex outlet at the local mall...it's a decent enough television, except for one serious issue...whenever there is a bright light on the screen, there is a line, almost a bar or shadow that goes from left to right across the screen...I can darken the picture significantly and it pretty much goes away, but then I can't see the picture...what is this called and how can I fix it?

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Oct 25, 2006, 12:12 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gileadexile] Apex Picture Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

You can get the service manual for that set for free online. Go to google and type apex and model number. Good luck!

Governor
New User

Oct 25, 2006, 12:51 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gileadexile] Apex Picture Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same shadow line on my JVC and it recently had no vertical reflection and thus a bright white line through center. After fixing the line I have about a two inch shadow through center when the pic is bright. Mine changes color depending on what color is on the screen. I have a post on this but so far no answers. I have a hunch that it may be some kind of "burn in" on the crt..maybe yors had same problem and they repaired the horizontal line and sold it with the shadow??

MOtvGuy
User

Oct 25, 2006, 10:51 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Governor] Apex Picture Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Without actually seeing the problem that's quite possibly a bad electrolytic capacitor in the G2 line coming off the flyback. These caps are typically values like 10 - 47uf @ 250 volts or there abouts.

Governor
New User

Oct 25, 2006, 10:07 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] Apex Picture Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Any tips on how to get a good picture of a TV while it is on? every pic I take has hundreds of curved lines in it..

Governor
New User

Oct 25, 2006, 10:09 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] Apex Picture Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Without actually seeing the problem that's quite possibly a bad electrolytic capacitor in the G2 line coming off the flyback. These caps are typically values like 10 - 47uf @ 250 volts or there abouts.

where exactly would this cap be located?

MOtvGuy
User

Oct 26, 2006, 12:13 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Governor] Apex Picture Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Occasionally they're mounted on the CRT socket board, most of the time they're by the flyback transformer.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)