Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Apex Problem

Jedibuckeye
New User

Aug 28, 2007, 9:04 PM

Post #1 of 5 (971 views)
Shortcut
Apex Problem Can't Post

So my father gave me his old Apex flat screen tv after buying a plasma. It worked perfectly until a month ago when the picture went out the screen turned blue and white lines moved up the screen. The sound still worked fine. yesterday i gave it a try and it worked fine but now it is acting up again any advice i know it still works it has to be a part problem?

terminator
User

Aug 28, 2007, 9:14 PM

Post #2 of 5 (969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jedibuckeye] Apex Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

try resoldering any suspicious solder joints

Jedibuckeye
New User

Aug 29, 2007, 1:41 AM

Post #3 of 5 (952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [terminator] Apex Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

No nothings lose or broken.

terminator
User

Aug 29, 2007, 1:52 AM

Post #4 of 5 (951 views)
Shortcut

that can only mean your tube is going out. the tvs now in days are not well built like they used to be.Frown i had the same problem with one of my older tvs it was a 1983 rca colortrak it did the same thing your tv did

(This post was edited by terminator on Aug 29, 2007, 1:53 AM)

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 29, 2007, 9:51 AM

Post #5 of 5 (941 views)
Shortcut

If its bright blue with retrace lines you could have two faults. one your blue video output transistor is failing and the voltage to the cathode is going low or 2 you have a heater cathode short which drops the cathode voltage. If you have a volt meter try reading cathode voltages, They are usually marked R,G and B on the tube base, they should be roughly the same normally around 160V. Blue should read low. If it does, switch off, slip the tube base off the tube then try again. If blue is now correct its the tube and it can be fixed. If not its the blue output , have a good look at what that is, if transistors, exchange them and see if thefault moves etc.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)