Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
BAD TO WORSE

ladywilhelm
New User

Apr 12, 2006, 8:16 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1007 views)
Shortcut
BAD TO WORSE Can't Post

I have an RCA 52" home theatre projection TV, model # P46813BL. At first it had black lines at the top and bottom, almost like a letterbox movie, then it started to get one directly through the middle after it had been on for a while. Then today, I removed the rear lower cover and cleaned a LOT of dust off of the circuit boards (of course being very careful not to actually touch anything), then when I turned it back on the lines were almost all the way gone. So I followed the service papers instructions as to how to bring up the service menu to make sure the vert., horiz., and center alignments were right, and lo and behold, as soon as the alignment grid came on the screen, and I touched the ch + to adjust it, like the paper said, the picture went completely out, and all I have now is sound. PLEASE HELP!!! What could have caused this, and what can I do to fix it? thanks, BAD TO WORSE.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2006, 9:25 PM

Post #2 of 2 (999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladywilhelm] BAD TO WORSE [In reply to] Can't Post

Sound like youre trying to fix a componet failer with the service menu, this never works, kinda like trying to fix atransmision problem by kicking the radio. You may have simply muted the video, or the orginal problem weak or destroyed componets in the vertical picked that moment to fail, best bet take it to the transmision shop and get the radio fixed
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)