Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Background Suttle Noise

Bubbasweet
User

Dec 20, 2006, 4:37 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2835 views)
Shortcut
Background Suttle Noise Can't Post

Have a Westinghouse TV. One of those cheap 19 inch jobs and it has a suttle mid to low frequency background noise that comes through audio when you turn the volume off you can still hear it coming out of the speaker. But also when I disconnect the speaker you can still hear it out the top back vents. Like a vibration. The best way I can describe it is like a quiet DC motor with plastic gears. Kind of like a low drone VERY faint and steady I notice the frequency come up slightly when I plug the antenna in from the VHS. It is not very loud and even the audio drounds it out OK but of course I hone in on it because I am like that with gear and once I detect it I can;t stop listening for it low in the mix. I would guess it is inducing into the audio but may not be a bad audio section because like I said when I disconnect the speaker you can hear somthing mechanical like a low motor or vibrating sound that is really dronish.

Any ideas? Can this be fixed?

techchris
Veteran

Dec 20, 2006, 9:32 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bubbasweet] Background Suttle Noise [In reply to] Can't Post

if the noise has always been there then its probably an inherrent design fault.if it started suddenly then its a mechanical problem as you can still hear it with the speaker disconnected.if its the first then dont buy cheap stuff again.

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 20, 2006, 11:47 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Background Suttle Noise [In reply to] Can't Post

If this is an LCD set it's probably the vibration of the flourescent tubes or the inverter board humming. Not much you can do for it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)