northendtrooper
New User

Mar 9, 2011, 10:56 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Bad Convergence Board? Can't Post

Mitsubishi 55" Rear Projection Screen
WS55809 Model
Problem: Convergence was going in and out for about a year so we finally got a TV repair kit. I solder in the new IC and pico fuses and now the TV won't even come on. We did the error code check on it and the code came back as 2-2. We didn't have that code before. I checked my solder joint and pinouts on the IC to make sure everything hardware wise is good to go but everytime I try to turn it on. One click 1-2-3 then clicks off. I checked the VCC pinin on the IC and the Voltage was 19v for the brief second of the circuit to be on. On the schematic it is calling for 25v so I'm guessing the lack of voltage is having the IC not to come on. I was told that the convergence board could be bad overall but I'm having a brain fart on this. Could it be true on this model could have bad covergence board? How much to replace?

Gus67
User

Mar 9, 2011, 11:58 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northendtrooper] Bad Convergence Board? [In reply to] Can't Post

Try checking the tracks on all of resistors you replaced.I had a bad one hiding under the PCB holding frame on mine.It was tough to see..could be a similar problem

richpart
User

Mar 10, 2011, 12:27 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus67] Bad Convergence Board? [In reply to] Can't Post

MITSUBISHI V18 Chassis:
This model is equipped with a self-diagnosis feature to help with diagnosis of shutdown problems. To activate this turn the unit on let it shutdown then press the input and menu buttons on the front panel simultaneously and hold them in for 5 seconds after 5 seconds the power LED on the front panel will blink a two digit sequence. This will be one set of blinks a short pause then another set of blinks, this will repeat 5 times.
1 - 2 = no error detected
2 - 1 = X-ray protect (high voltage or beam current)
2 - 2 = Short protect (short protect monitors low voltage supplies)
2 - 3 = Deflection protect (this could be loss of vertical or horizontal deflection)
2 - 4 = Vertical protect (usually loss of vertical from the source)
1. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR LEAKY C9A60 470 PF 1000 V PART # 154P400030, PARALLEL TO D9A57 ON THE POWER PCB (NOT SHOWN IN THE SCHEMATIC).

2. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR OPEN FUSES F9A04 AND F9A05 PART # 283P043090 ON THE +24 AND -24 VOLT LINES. IF THE FUSES ARE OPEN THE CONVERGENCE OUTPUT CIRCUIT WOULD BE SUSPECT.

3. SELF-DIAGNOSIS INDICATES SHORT PROTECT. CHECK FOR A SHORTED IC4B01 PART # 270P261020 (VERTICAL OUTPUT) LOADING 24-VOLT SUPPLY LINE. LOCATED ON THE MAIN PCB.

Knowlege is King Baby!!!

northendtrooper
New User

Mar 10, 2011, 12:27 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus67] Bad Convergence Board? [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't replace any resistors. Would you be able to tell me which resistor it was?

northendtrooper
New User

Mar 10, 2011, 6:11 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northendtrooper] Bad Convergence Board? [In reply to] Can't Post

I check IC4b01 and the VCC out was 5V short but I checked the VCC in and it was only 19V. So I would guess the board took a crap.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)