Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Bad advice?

wotsonthebox
New User

Apr 11, 2010, 12:05 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1445 views)
Shortcut
Bad advice? Can't Post

Hi all, new here & hope someone can help!
I have an Evesham (Tatung) V32EMRO LCD TV which worked fine apart from the HDMI port which did not function correctly (picture displaying intermittently). Having swapped out the HDMI cable and my Sky box, I determined that the AV board must be faulty.
I enquired with a parts supplier whether an item they stocked would be suitable (an AV board from an Evesham V32ECCB). The card was physically the same size, with what appeared to be the same connectors but different component layout. I was told that the card would indeed be compatible so I ordered one (in fact they claimed to have fitted the same card to a TV like mine recently). On receipt, I found it did not even have an HDMI port (had a DVI port instead).
I decided to install the card (a straight-forward job) and use an HDMI-DVI converter + separate audio connection. However, on powering up the TV, it made a strange ticking noise, refused to switch on and the standby LED was flickering.
I removed the card and put in the original.... and now I don't get a picture from any input, only a blank screen.
I fear that the replacement card, while physically similar, was not compatible, and has now ruined my LVDS board. This board is not readily visible with the back of the TV removed, however I have found pictures of the V32EMRO and V32ECCB LVDS boards, and they are completely different. See pics:
V32EMRO LVDS: http://img28.imageshack.us/...2c71414239de6c4.jpg/
V32ECCB LVDS: http://img411.imageshack.us/...beacbcbccc3586d.jpg/
Either the replacement AV board was faulty, or it would never have worked in the first place, and I was given bad advice. Can anyone comment on which is more likely?
Many thanks!!

Ron.M
Veteran

Apr 11, 2010, 8:27 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wotsonthebox] Bad advice? [In reply to] Can't Post

wotsonthebox;....

I don't work on these type of sets.....
That said.....

I think you need an "exorcism" to get rid of the demons that made you swap
those 2 boards.....Wink.......
There's no frigging way I would have.....PERIOD !!!!
They don't even look close to me....See below.....
SORRY about the size , I could not figure out a way to shrink the pix....Unsure....
I'd suggest you contact that so-called "salesman" (or tech) & insist on at least a
refund for the board , but ALSO a repair charge for what it did to your TV....
They need to man up for the problem they caused you....

To answer your question;=>...
"""Either the replacement AV board was faulty, or it would never have worked in the first
place, and I was given bad advice. Can anyone comment on which is more likely.""""
I think ALL of the above...

IF they refuse , tell them you got a GREAT Lawyer.....Wink......(On retainer)..

GOOD LUCK....

Have fun.....Laugh....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)