Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Blinking LEDs?

JGECKO69
New User

Jun 25, 2007, 2:41 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1881 views)
Shortcut
Blinking LEDs? Can't Post

I recently had my Hitachi 50C20 repaired, the light engine was replaced. As soon as I turned it on, the lamp and temp LEDs started blinking in an alternating pattern (like a RR crossing sign). I've ran the TV the past few nights and it looks good other than the blinking LEDs. The cooling fan is on and running and I've pulled and reseated the Bulb assembly.

I did contact the shop and they said it could be heat related. Since it's not in an enclosure just move it a little farther from the back wall (was maybe 8") and then unplug for an hour to let it reset. If that doesn't help bring it back in. Well moving it didn't help and before I load it back in the truck, I wanted to check with you guys.

Has anyone seen something like this?

Thanks,

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2007, 8:54 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JGECKO69] Blinking LEDs? [In reply to] Can't Post

From the service manual I think this set will run with the lamp door open and or the switch broke or in the wrong poss. but are all the leds blinking or just one of the three, There is nothing from Hitachi about all three blinking
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

JGECKO69
New User

Jun 25, 2007, 9:23 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Blinking LEDs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply mike.

It's just the temp and lamp lights that are blinking, the power is on steady. But they don't blink at the same time, it''s lamp-temp-lamp-temp and so forth.

Also it won't operate with the lamp door off, I forgot to put that back once, the TV wouldn't power up till I did.

Aside from the blinking it's working fine, but I know it has to mean something.

Like I said I can take it back to the shop, it's just such a pain loading the thing up and it's been raining all week.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)