Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
CRT white screen

Dan_Rea
New User

May 29, 2008, 10:57 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1039 views)
Shortcut
CRT white screen Can't Post

im a novice tv technician at best. a blundering self-taught electrocution-hazzard is more likely the accurate description. would anyone in here know anything about a problem with a tv that im trying to fix right now?
its a CRT and all i got was a black screen. i replaced the big capacitor next to the power supply which was a little crispy, and now all i have is a white screen. ch+- and vol+- nor the AV button have any effect. the spreakers arent connected so i cant test if i have sound. no lines on screen, just white. ive never had a white screen and im afraid it could be a shorted crt so i thought id ask someone with a brain on their shoulders before hooking up the speakers.
plz reply in a nice dumbed-down language i can understand, no acronymns thx. would be thrilled if someone could help me out. cheerio
---i have a feeling something to do with video output could be stuffed and all coulours are firing at full, creating a white screen.

(This post was edited by Dan_Rea on May 30, 2008, 2:24 AM)

techchris
Veteran

May 30, 2008, 6:43 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dan_Rea] CRT white screen [In reply to] Can't Post

it would be good to check if you have sound.in the meantime check for about 200 volts (approx) on one lead going to the tube base board, from the flyback tranformer area.if you have not then the problem is the ic on the tube base (video driver) has gone faulty and taken out a low value resistor feeding the voltage to the ic.this will be either on the tube base itself or the main board by the flyback transformer.I dont have a diagram so I cant give you the position numbers,but someone else may post this info with luck

Dan_Rea
New User

Jun 1, 2008, 5:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] CRT white screen [In reply to] Can't Post

i feel your comment will be very helpful to me. thankyou very much for the reply, mate.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)