Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
CTC185A7 no sound

Franky
User

Oct 9, 2007, 8:44 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1031 views)
Shortcut
CTC185A7 no sound Can't Post

Sorry to insist i previous posted reply nobody replied.Ok Guys me again with this issue.
I have here a tip for the chassis ctc 175-76-77-87 about the eeprom no audio ,since they say when it come up to a no sound situation on the ctc 185 chassis to fallow the ctc175-76-77-87 the same troubeshoot technics,
the tip is,.With the AC desconnected from the chassis, wick out pin 8 of the eeprom,use a pick to short the pin to the Pad to temporarily apply B+ to the eeprom. Plug the tv in and turn it on, and then remove the pick to allow pin 8 to float free of the Pad.Use the menu function to sellect the speaker on/off feature and turn the speakers back on. Finally unplug the tv and resolder the pin.

Ok there are some stuff i don't understand for exemple. Use a PICK is this same as a tool? also to the PAD what in electronic terms is PAD ?in the end it says resoder the pin, any help in understanding this points is wellcome.

mel
Veteran

Oct 9, 2007, 10:36 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] CTC185A7 no sound [In reply to] Can't Post

The "pick" is a insulated metal point which can be used as a shorting device. The "pad" is the copper pad to which the IC pin was soldered. Are you sure that the speakers aren't just turned off thru the menu function and can't be turned back on the same way? Also, I would check all of the solder joints that you have touched up to make sure that you haven't created a solder bridge which is shorting out the audio path.

ozboy76_au
New User

Oct 10, 2007, 1:55 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] CTC185A7 no sound [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Franky,
just as a tip not sure if you have tried it make sure your speaker is ok, measure resitance ,should read near 8 ohms. Trace back from speaker wires to pcb tracks to coupling cap ( the other wire to pcb will lead to ground) this coupling cap could go dry worth replacing as well as your filter cap located near the half wave recifiers or regulator the filter cap visually including ic may look good but without test equipment hard to rectify. an eeprom might be the cause im unfamilar with this model but i would try to elimate the basics first .
most eeproms are accessed by service remotes or service switches located in the chasis
so good luck with it all if you have a c.r.o would make life easier

good luck cheers!

Franky
User

Oct 10, 2007, 10:44 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozboy76_au] CTC185A7 no sound [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Guys for the tips ,by the way the speaker is good,a matter fact i swapped chassis for a good one that i have extra.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)