Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Can't find parts?

bcards
New User

Nov 24, 2008, 9:51 PM

Post #1 of 5 (974 views)
Shortcut
Can't find parts? Can't Post

I'm trying to find a red lamp for a Samsung PCN5425R. Not wanting to make myself sound stupid but I didn't realize that those lamps had fluid in them. So when I noticed some fluid on the crt board and deflection board( it had no voltage), I replaced them. My kids really want to watch this TV and I hate to throw that money away. Anyone have any suggestions besides the partstore.com? Any used tv parts places out there or tv junkyards somewhere? Thanks Unsure

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2008, 5:23 PM

Post #2 of 5 (962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boards] Can't find parts? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is where a great deal of experience comes in handy. For over 25 years we have been servicing these sets and when a CRT (what you are calling a lamp ) leaks coolant on a main board while the set is plugged in many and I do mean many things go wrong real fast.
This coolant is conductive and shorts out many components, these in turn destroy other supporting components. IT SEEPS UNDER iC'S AND HIDES ONLY TO DESTROY THEM AGAIN Then if you manage to clean all this off after it has been soaking awhile it turns the ENTIRE board into a resistor, this will destroy voltages that will destroy the board. So if you had a leak and let it sit awhile you can spend well over $600.00 in parts only to have it go out again
After searching some sites I see that several items are NLA or No Longer Available
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

bcards
New User

Nov 25, 2008, 6:59 PM

Post #3 of 5 (961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Can't find parts? [In reply to] Can't Post

correct, they just don't make them anymore which in my eyes is wrong, but what can you do. I was "HOPING" to find a used one somewhere because most of the time what goes wrong with these from what i hear is the convergence board. Maybe some was throwing one out and would part it out? Long shot but can't hurt to try. Thanks for your input.Smile

slinteriors
User

Nov 26, 2008, 1:22 AM

Post #4 of 5 (955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bcards] Can't find parts? [In reply to] Can't Post

You can get any part you need for your samsung at the following link, they have new and also used parts. Just leave them a email with what you need they respond quickly. Heres the link.
http://servicemanuals.vstore.ca/

bcards
New User

Nov 26, 2008, 3:44 AM

Post #5 of 5 (952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slinteriors] Can't find parts? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the link and your response,much appreciated!Smile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)