Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Ctc 185a7

Franky
User

Oct 6, 2007, 11:58 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1072 views)
Shortcut
Ctc 185a7 Can't Post

I have here a chassis ctc 185 that has no sound good pic ,checked volts at ic 902 and it's ok, i'm sure it 's a corrupted eeprom because i had to rework on the tuner grounds, i have info on the chassis ctc 175 that says to wick pin# 29 and connect a low ohm resistor to ground, i wonder,if someone has this ctc185a7, 19gt240 and what pin# that i should wick to make the sound to come out of mute.

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2007, 9:08 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Franky] Ctc 185a7 [In reply to] Can't Post

Franky, I am trying an old tech's memory and that little trick will bring back the audio, momentarily, but that only tells you that the eeprom is corrupted! Replace the eeprom (that has been pre-progammed) and you will need the schematic to make the adjustments!

Franky
User

Oct 9, 2007, 1:49 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Ctc 185a7 [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok Guys me again with this issue.
I have here a tip for the chassis ctc 175-76-77-87 about the eeprom no audio ,since they say when it come up to a no sound situation on the ctc 185 chassis to fallow the ctc175-76-77-87 the same troubeshoot technics,
the tip is,.With the AC desconnected from the chassis, wick out pin 8 of the eeprom,use a pick to short the pin to the Pad to temporarily apply B+ to the eeprom. Plug the tv in and turn it on, and then remove the pick to allow pin 8 to float free of the Pad.Use the menu function to sellect the speaker on/off feature and turn the speakers back on. Finally unplug the tv and resolder the pin.

Ok there are some stuff i don't understand for exemple. Use a PICK is this same as a tool? also to the PAD what in electronic terms is PAD ?in the end it says resoder the pin, any help in understanding this points is wellcome.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)