Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Disney DT1350p-t

elevatorjunky
New User

Nov 15, 2008, 3:51 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1156 views)
Shortcut
Disney DT1350p-t Can't Post

Great forum,I have repaired one tv already with information I learned here.I have searched high and low for info on my daughters tv and all that searching only led me to another same TV with the exact same problem on Ebay.This is a real cheap tv but I thought it would have lasted ten or so years.I would appreciate a response because my daughter loves this TV very much.It seems simple like the power supply but I cant find any obvious problems.Reading about other TVs with the same problem I went to pull the largest capacitor C806 and when I shorted the anode and cathode it arced so I stopped thinking this was not a bad component.Any other points or components to check would be appreciated?I usually dont post questions because the answer is there somewhere,in this case four hours and nothing.I didnt know Disney had their own electronics brand.

When turned on the television will only stay on for 3 seconds and then turns off.Can repeat and same thing.
Disney,brand-Model DT135op-t

elevatorjunky
New User

Nov 18, 2008, 4:49 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elevatorjunky] Disney DT1350p-t [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet this model doesnt see a lot of repair shops because of its low cost.

techchris
Veteran

Nov 18, 2008, 10:38 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1144 views)
Shortcut

its probably a Chinese import,badged with the Disney logo so unless we know what chassis is inside the chances of repair is zero.

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 18, 2008, 11:06 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1143 views)
Shortcut

Check the electrolytics in the supply secondary, these cheap chinese TVs usually have bad caps, check for the plastic shrinking on their tops.

elevatorjunky
New User

Nov 22, 2008, 6:41 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Disney DT1350p-t [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks sooo much for the replies.You guys are great.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)