Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Ds32224 (thanks)

electrolytic
New User

Sep 23, 2008, 1:38 PM

Post #1 of 4 (796 views)
Shortcut
Ds32224 (thanks) Can't Post

I guess you could say I'm a Somewhat Qualified but not Specialized TV Tech. The curiosity began with a specialized degree in electronics some years ago. The course touched on TV repair (though only 3 months). I've never worked per se as a TV tech but I'm aware of the basic theory and safety precautions. Mostly give away units with problems though some were for repair and return.
I've checked all diodes and low value resistors on the board, some transistors, a few electrolytics and ceramics but haven't checked high value resistors or C408. Horizontal xsistor was the first thing replaced before I getting a schematic (thought there was a collector to emitter problem). Then started checking supply lines.
I'll use your notes and do more checking. Thanks for your responses!

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2008, 11:48 PM

Post #2 of 4 (786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [electrolytic] Ds32224 (thanks) [In reply to] Can't Post

What is the name of the TV and model#, and what is the problem?

electrolytic
New User

Sep 25, 2008, 5:30 PM

Post #3 of 4 (774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Ds32224 (thanks) [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, I'm just getting back. This is a (seemingly;) nice set that was given to me so it's a part-time pursuit with no real deadlines.
It's a Sanyo DS32224 model, -02 chassis. Dead with the chopper MOSFET shorted and the connected low value resistors opened. I replaced these once and the set turned on 5-7 seconds then the same parts had the same problems. Didn't have a schematic at first so after doing a transistor test on the HOT I replaced it thinking there was a collector-emitter problem - not.
After replacing these parts a second time, I'll look closer before applying power again. I've had input from others online and I plan to follow their leads shortly.
My o'scope just went out so I can't check for signals or distortion but with my DMM it seems the voltage going into the chopper xformer is steady but coming out and going into the gate of the chopper xsister it's fluctuating wildly.
Thanks. I'll apply your thoughts!

cwnb.com
New User

Oct 14, 2008, 3:54 PM

Post #4 of 4 (746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Ds32224 (thanks) [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a sanyo ds35590 needs to be repaired.
I changed the q402 it came on for 1 min.
I give up i need a repair man to fix it.
will pay
thanks
cwnb.com
archie

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)