jimkelly1
New User

Sep 24, 2014, 4:20 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1220 views)
Shortcut
Dynex 55L150A11 Can't Post

Dynex DX-55L150A11 Rev A - Power Problem

Hi,

This is Jim with Jims Tvs. This is my first posting on here. This TV has a typical turn off problem.
========
To the problem! I have a 55" Dynex (I know :(| ) that has been having issues. The TV boots up normally, and will function normally for hours, but will eventually shut off unexpectedly. When I would try to turn it on it would not come back on. I would have to unplug it, so i can turn it on again. Also the TV would work for a short time, then turn off again, but would eventually stay on for various periods.

=========
Things I've tried doing to resolve the issue! Because of the research I did over the past couple of days, I've done some simple troubleshooting. I have tried restoring to factory settings, to check for software issues Ive tried leaving the TV unplugged for more then 4 hrs to clear data, I have also tried placing a fan behind the set.

=========
My suspicions: From the research Ive done, I have narrowed the issue to a couple of things.
1) That the TV went into "Protection Mode"
- Unplugging it resets the overload protector, reset cleans out the corrupted control circuits temporarily.
2) That the Power Supply is faulty
3) Bad/small capacitors
4) Corrupted EPROM (not really sure what this one means)

=========
Finally my question: What do you guys think is causing the tv to turn off? Also I understand that professional TV repair can be very costly, what would you guys think I am looking at to fix?

Again guys, I really appreciate any help offered here! I know there are several possiblilities here. We fix a fair amount of TVs here, and just needing some pre-help. Thanks all, Jim

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)