Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
FPA Troubles

Used Man
New User

Dec 13, 2007, 12:34 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1335 views)
Shortcut
FPA Troubles Can't Post

I have a 27 RCA tv.The model number is 27V513T,I cannot get the menue screen to come up on the screen.The buttons do not work nor will the Remote work.The tv is just a little over 2 years old,it did work fine.To get it to come on I have to plug it up an push the on button on the Remote at the same time.When it comes on it says FPA lock on,what that mean?I might have pushed the wrong button or something.I have the user guide.The screen also says at the top of the screen TV28 an under that it says MOno.Could it have shorted out or something?Would it helped if I took the back off an spayed some tv cleaner on the front buttons?It acts like the front buttons are stuck.The Remote doesn't work either,it came with the tv when I got it.Need some help bad.Thanks.

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2007, 4:32 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Used Man] FPA Troubles [In reply to] Can't Post

I have that exact set in the shop now, and you need to replace all 6 tactile switches on the keyboard. I wish you luck on finding those switches as I have been told that it will be Feb.1 before they are available.

Used Man
New User

Dec 15, 2007, 2:20 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] FPA Troubles [In reply to] Can't Post

Paulpablo,do you have the part number of the Tactile buttons on the front of the tv that you have in your shop.It should be on the little circuit board that is in the tv?iT should be the samew as mine if it is the same model number.Mine is a RCA 27" number 27V513T.If you don't have it,I can take mine out later on.It would just save me some time for now.I believe they are all on one circuit board.Thanks.

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2007, 5:21 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1299 views)
Shortcut

The switch part# is 267136. Good luck!

Used Man
New User

Dec 20, 2007, 12:06 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] FPA Troubles [In reply to] Can't Post

Paulpablo,is that the part number for all six buttons on front of the tv,or is it just for one button.Will that part replace all of the buttons or what.Mine has one little circuit board mounted on the inside of the tv.It just pops out an you replace it with a new circuit board.About what would it cost to replace the little circuit board?Thanks.P.S. Just for the part, not labor.

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2007, 1:54 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1282 views)
Shortcut

That is the part# for all 6 switches. I was unable to locate the board!
If this is your set,there is a solution. Remove all 6 swithes and your set will still work just fine with the remote and if it was my set that is what I would do!

(This post was edited by Paulpablo on Dec 20, 2007, 1:59 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)