Faulty LG 50PC56

dk277
New User

Mar 16, 2011, 10:35 PM

Post #1 of 2 (940 views)
Shortcut
Faulty LG 50PC56 Can't Post

Hi all,

I have an LG 50pc56 that has developed a sudden fault where there is only one small horizontal line of pixels around a centimetre from the top of the panel.
When trying to access the menu the narrow line (<3>pixels?) changes as if it is either displaying correctly or that the entire image has been collapsed to this narrow strip.
The rest of the panel glows evenly as it should when displaying black.
If anyone has any ideas on which board to replace (control board?) or how to identify/narrow down the faulty board/'s I would be very great-full.

Thanks, David.

dk277
New User

Mar 22, 2011, 11:25 PM

Post #2 of 2 (916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dk277] Faulty LG 50PC56 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all again,

Just to let people know that the problem does not disappear with the X boards disconnected. I have checked all fuses and there are no swollen caps or obviously damaged IC's.

I am still reluctant to purchase the y or z boards before being certain that its not the control board.

I am waiting till I can collect my scope and muti-meter and will then check the supply voltages (I think these are good as the display functions well on the one line) and the Y-sus and Z-sus output waveforms.

Is there any way that the control board can be checked or do I need to rule out the other boards before coming to the conclusion of a faulty Ctrl Bd?

Also, Is there a way to check the output of the Y-buffers?

Thanks for any help, as always,

David

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)