Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Ferguson icc17 chassis

Rak01
New User

Dec 7, 2007, 3:52 PM

Post #1 of 7 (919 views)
Shortcut
Ferguson icc17 chassis Can't Post

Switch set off with r/c to stdby.LED goes red. Set then switches itself back on LED yellow then green.Set then cycles AV1,AV2 etc until set switched off with remote and cycle starts again. Occasionally set works normally for about 30mins with normal picture. Then set starts to cycle again.

techchris
Veteran

Dec 8, 2007, 4:23 PM

Post #2 of 7 (903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rak01] Ferguson icc17 chassis [In reply to] Can't Post

disconnect the lead going to the front channel/vol switches.if the fault goes away you need to change the front switch assembly.

Rak01
New User

Dec 11, 2007, 10:35 AM

Post #3 of 7 (895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Ferguson icc17 chassis [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the tip techchris. Disconnected the lead as advised. Set no longer cycling but as there is no raster or LED it is difficult to know what is happening. Do you think it is definately the volume/channel switch assembly causing the problem or have I just disconnected part of the circuitry and or power supply to the faulty component?

techchris
Veteran

Dec 11, 2007, 12:30 PM

Post #4 of 7 (890 views)
Shortcut

you should get the tv working if you have only disconnected the channel/vol up/down switches.check you have not pulled out the wrong lead ie the one going to the infra red receiver which carries 5volts.some tv's have tact switches and some have pads similar to remote controls which you can disconnect once you get the front pcb out of the set.

Rak01
New User

Dec 12, 2007, 10:46 AM

Post #5 of 7 (883 views)
Shortcut

Hi techchris, I disconnected the ribbon cable from the 9 pin socket which feeds the channel/vol up/down assembly. this cable also feeds the infra red receiver on the same pcb. On examination 4 pins go directly to 4 tact switches which appear to function correctly. The remaining 5 pins feed the infra red receiver associated circuitry. On reassembly the set behaves as before. i.e. Turn on via on/off switch. LED goes red and immediately goes to yellow and then green without the use of the remote. Set then begins to cycle AV1,AV2 etc. Whilst on AV1 perfect picture momentarily until set switches to AV2. Set responds to remote when switching to standby, set switches off with red LED, which then goes yellow by itself and cycle starts again. I would appreciate any further suggestions. RAK01

techchris
Veteran

Dec 12, 2007, 2:19 PM

Post #6 of 7 (877 views)
Shortcut

unsolder the tact switches off the board and see if it cures the fault.if it does,one of them has gone conductive so needs changing, or just leave it off the board if you never use them

Rak01
New User

Dec 13, 2007, 10:30 AM

Post #7 of 7 (868 views)
Shortcut

All the tact switches appeared to work OK but I removed them from the pcb as you suggested. Sure enough the set now works fine. Many thanks techchris for your help. Rak01

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)