Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Free Software

DonsTV
New User

Aug 20, 2007, 7:01 PM

Post #1 of 5 (923 views)
Shortcut
Free Software Can't Post

I need some shops to beta MKE Repair Shop, it was written for small TV,VCR, Audio or Computer repair shop that has repairs and sales, the software is almost ready to test and a I have a few shops who are interested but I need a few more, so here the deal anyone who beta the software will get the software for free that means all the updates and or changes made to the software, after you get the software and have an idea that is added, you will be added to a list in the credits of the software that also includes shops who beta the software will also be in the list of credits your Shops Name and Your Name the City your in. so again if your interested in helping me test this software, send a email to beta@mkerepair.com infor needed Shop Name Your Name and email address. This software is base on a DBase 5 program that was used in a shop for more then 12 years and work great, but it was a Dos program, I have updated to windows version and added a few things. I have been a tv,vcr camcorder tech for 18yrs and been around a repair most of that time. I hope you can help me beta this software
Thanks for reading this post
Kevin

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2007, 10:33 PM

Post #2 of 5 (914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonsTV] Free Software [In reply to] Can't Post

Just one question and this seems to be a problem with the wonderful microsoft programs, Here when we test loaded Vista all or most of our daily ran programs failed to work properly. Main reason is Vista no longer runs a Winhelp32.exe program because they see it as no longer needed. If the old farts out there still run the Force program under Vista you know what I mean. Is or will your program be Vista complaint? Cuz it's starting to get to me that when I buy a new shop computer ( have six now ) I have to rip that Bitchin Vista out to be complaint with all our programs an load Xp back up. We will simply stary building systems in the neer future. but when one dies quickly it has to be replaced by the next day. Our pres. tracking system is Service Magic 7.80 it also is not Vista compliant and looks like it never will be.
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

mel
Veteran

Aug 20, 2007, 10:38 PM

Post #3 of 5 (913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Free Software [In reply to] Can't Post

Watch it Mike! I'm one of those "old Farts" LOL

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2007, 10:49 PM

Post #4 of 5 (912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Free Software [In reply to] Can't Post

What the hell was Phillips thinking? Great program did all you wanted it to do had all the info and was a breaze to use. Since it did work real nice it had to be discontinued,,,, The basterds
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

DonsTV
New User

Aug 21, 2007, 1:25 PM

Post #5 of 5 (902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonsTV] Free Software [In reply to] Can't Post

I hate vista so much I can't say, but on your question, my laptop has Vista on it and that is where I wrote most of the code. So I would have to say yes until I compile the code and try to installed on my laptop.
Kevin

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)