Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Funai ET432E

maverickr
User

Jul 7, 2008, 8:37 PM

Post #1 of 4 (931 views)
Shortcut
Funai ET432E Can't Post

By the way this set has "esa" on it as the brand but when i do a model search it shows up as Funai.
This set was damaged in a thunderstorm, now it powers on and i get sound but i don't get any picture. I notice that the heater on the neck of the picture tube doesn't even glow. Any ideas what might be the problem? I checked the horizontal section and couldn't pinpoint anything. I notice that when i completely remove power from the set i get a strange sound that seems to be coming from the flyback.

maverickr
User

Jul 21, 2008, 3:02 AM

Post #2 of 4 (907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maverickr] Funai ET432E [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, I'm still battling with this set. I should mention that when it went out in the lightning storm, i noticed that one of the copper tracks was ruptured. I jumped it using a piece of wire. I still don't get a raster however and no raster means no picture. I can see the menu come up on the screen and everything, just no raster. Like i mentioned earlier i don't see the heater on the neck of the tube glow when the set is powered on. I'm thinking the flyback is damaged. With a damaged flyback though, would i be able to adjust the screen voltage and focus like i can with this one?

techchris
Veteran

Jul 21, 2008, 6:06 AM

Post #3 of 4 (904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maverickr] Funai ET432E [In reply to] Can't Post

if you can see the menu then the tube and horizontal scan stage is working ok and the tube heaters must be working.sounds like you have a video amp fault or jungle ic failure.can you get a picture through A/V sockets?

maverickr
User

Jul 22, 2008, 3:34 AM

Post #4 of 4 (898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Funai ET432E [In reply to] Can't Post

No picture using AV sockets either. what is the jungle ic?

(This post was edited by maverickr on Jul 22, 2008, 3:35 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)