Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
G.E 32inch buzzing

mark30
New User

Aug 26, 2006, 6:38 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1679 views)
Shortcut
G.E 32inch buzzing Can't Post

Hi.My 32 inch G.E tv chassis #ctc203ca12 only buzzes(or continualy rapidly chirps) when its plugged in.No picture or functions.About 6 mounths ago it started popping and crackling sometimes .And that sorta went away.Now it wont turn on and just buzzes or whatever.I took the back off and found that this part(#1536335a) (T14101)is the one thats making the noise.It has a plastic top and it seems to be mabee a winding wrapped in a white plastic and then wrapped in a copper colored strip of tape.Anyway,ive did alot of research.Could this part be at fault?Mabee the H.O.T,or flyback?(flyback transformer doesnt seem to be making any noise).Is there ayway to test the h.o.t?.Where should i go from here?.I hope to hear from you...Mark

Larry E
User

Aug 26, 2006, 7:17 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mark30] G.E 32inch buzzing [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like a short on the B+ line making the switch mode transformer buzz, first thing to do is re-solder the horizontal driver transformer, remove L4401 and clean the wax off the legs and then re-install it and try the set, if it still buzzes you either have a shorted HOT or flyback transformer, the ctc203 chassis`s are notorious for bad flybacks and many of them (you didn`t give a model number) are NLA, they make several different ones for various model numbers, try the solder re-work first, Larry E

mark30
New User

Aug 27, 2006, 2:03 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larry E] G.E 32inch buzzing [In reply to] Can't Post

Well i took out and resoldered that tiny winding(You said L4401 but couldnt find it.I assumed you meant L14401)...Didnt see any wax on the 2 legs..Still buzzing from that big looking winding(top has a B and a 5 on it) and it still doesnt power up.What would be my next approach?..The model # is 32gt740yx71...3 year old set.And thanks for your help so far!....Mark

shadetree
Veteran

Aug 27, 2006, 9:43 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1651 views)
Shortcut

change the horz. output transistor because the coil you resoldered had likely knocked it out

maverickr
User

Sep 3, 2006, 8:22 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] G.E 32inch buzzing [In reply to] Can't Post

I get the same buzzing and no power from my set which is a GE model# F35676MB, chassis# CTC197CD2. I've checked out a few components like the HOT and surrounding components that seem ok. However, i'm skeptical about the horizontal drive transformer, T301. Should all of the pins on this transformer measure a low resistance? Where can I find one of these if it is the problem? Thanks

shadetree
Veteran

Sep 3, 2006, 10:22 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maverickr] G.E 32inch buzzing [In reply to] Can't Post

just resolder it

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2006, 1:27 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larry E] G.E 32inch buzzing [In reply to] Can't Post

Tell us about the research you have done!

mark30
New User

Sep 4, 2006, 4:25 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] G.E 32inch buzzing [In reply to] Can't Post

Well the research ive done was only net related.Searched many forums and related things.Researched this forum as well but decided to ask a question here.So far Ive got some good info on how to check components.Ive took out the little coil thingy and resoldered it and tested the Horizontal output transistor(h.o.t) and am still wating for the parts.Theres another thread i started a couple days after this original post on how to test a hot.The people on here are very helpfull and patient(Thanks to them)....Is your t.v experiencing the same problem??

mark30
New User

Sep 6, 2006, 7:28 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1608 views)
Shortcut

hi.Well i replaced th h.o.t and resoldered the horizontal drive transformer and the small coil also......well the buzzing has stopped from the bigger coil pack(mabee the switching coil) when plugged in.Only now when i turn the power on from the front of tv it clicks(from a little blue box-k14201 degaussing relay?) like it wants to turn on but just clicks every second for about 5 seconds..Seems i have another problem..Any suggestions?..Thanks..Mark <br>

(This post was edited by mark30 on Sep 6, 2006, 11:02 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)