Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
GE 20GH250

Vlad763
New User

Jan 13, 2006, 4:38 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1441 views)
Shortcut
GE 20GH250 Can't Post

I'm needing to reset the settings on this TV to factory settings because the menu has been restricted so that I can't add/remove channels or do an auto program. I think it maybe some parental control settings.

The problem is that the sensor that recieves commands from the remote is broken. So what I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway to reset the TV so that all the channels are available or so that the menu button on the TV is able to have the option to select an autoprogram.

I am not opposed to opening the TV up to and removing/replacing a part if need be. I already have opened the TV up in hopes to find something fairly obvious that would do what I'm wanting.

Thanks in advance.

rrobor
Veteran

Jan 13, 2006, 12:29 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vlad763] GE 20GH250 [In reply to] Can't Post

No remote, no controll of settings. sorry you need the remote.

Bursma
User

Jan 17, 2006, 9:45 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vlad763] GE 20GH250 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like what you need to do is replace the IR sensor in the TV. I am not sure from the way you put it, so I'll ask: Do you need to replace the IR chip (245282), the IR window (216776), or the IR Reciever hood bracket (216776)? I have included the part numbers which can get you the part. I work at a television parts distributor. With the exception of the IR window, we have the rest in stock. Let me know if you're interested in getting them: 800-676-8926- ask for Bobby.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)