Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
GE 46GW945 TV

drblackard
New User

Jun 18, 2007, 1:38 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1020 views)
Shortcut
GE 46GW945 TV Can't Post

I work shift work. One morning when I got home my two girls had a slummber party and all the girls had been watching movies all night on our GE Big screen tv Model # 46GW945. The next couple of days I would try to watch tv and the tv controls would not allow me to turn the tv on until 8 PM that night...once the TV was on I started looking for a timer of some sort to see if the girls had messed with this...no luck but I did turn the lock for the front panel to OFF....then the next day it happened again.....now it is everyday and I don't know what to do....it's been going on now for a week....I can't find a reset button to try to reset the tv so what do I do now...I have read in several forums that if you unplug the TV for thirty minutes this might do the trick....I don't know what to do and there is no TV repair shops in my area...the closest one is about 100 miles away...kinda hard to load this tv in the back of the truck and take it to them...any suggestions to try...I'm at my last straw!

Frown

shadetree
Veteran

Jun 18, 2007, 3:02 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drblackard] GE 46GW945 TV [In reply to] Can't Post

may have loose solder connections but if your not a tech it would be best to slide the insides out and carry to a shop their are 1/4 in screws on the bottom of the inside cabinet remove them and insides will slide out, there will be 2 plugs on top the inside cabinet that will need unpluged be careful to unplug them before slideing it all the way out unit will have handles on each side and will be easier than taking whole set in

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)