Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
General TV Question

Iaman
New User

Apr 1, 2012, 8:53 PM

Post #1 of 4 (828 views)
Shortcut
General TV Question Can't Post

Ive an old Toshiba VTV2034 , the remote control recently went so i decided to buy a replacement but it didnt work either. So i presume the sensor or watever is no longer working. Now i dont mind getting up to change the channel on the TV by clicking the button on the side buts heres my problem. When clicking the button it misses some channels so it would go like channel 1, 2, 5, 6. And so no but even if i go to channel 99 the channels still arent there the ones its missing. Im just wondering if theres any fix for a problem like this?
Thanks

Ron.M
Veteran

Apr 1, 2012, 9:20 PM

Post #2 of 4 (824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Iaman] General TV Question [In reply to] Can't Post

Iaman;....

You asked a "General" question , so I'll give you a "General" answer....Wink..
I did not work on many Combo TV/VCRs...
I don't know if the replacement remote you got is a generic that will not work with your TV/VCR unit OR an original remote & your TV/VCR has an internal problem....
IF your TV/VCR has a "Menu" button on it , try to bring up "Setup" & see if you can find "Auto-Program" & try that...
Do any functions work on the replacement remote ???...

Later...Ron.M...Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Techie117
New User

Apr 3, 2012, 6:35 AM

Post #3 of 4 (810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] General TV Question [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, like Ron said, it sounds like the TV needs to be auto programmed from somewhere in the menu. As far as the remote goes, is it a Universal remote? Most universal remotes have a scan feature that will let you scan through various IR (infra red) codes until it finds the right one for your model. Refer to the user manual. And of course, it might be beyond obvious, but make sure the remote batteries are good by testing them in a different device (or making sure they're new)

I would take these steps, in this order:

1. Make sure batteries are good.
2. Plug in the pre-determined code for your TV in your remote
3. Scan for codes using your remote if #2 doesn't work
4. Borrow a friend or neighbors universal remote and see if there's works.
5. If you know remote and batteries are good then consider ordering a replacement IR receiver or sell it on Craigslist

techchris
Veteran

Apr 4, 2012, 4:59 PM

Post #4 of 4 (798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Iaman] General TV Question [In reply to] Can't Post

you probably had the child lock on certain channels, so you need the remote to switch this feature off

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)