Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Green pixelization

spoogemoolie
New User

Dec 1, 2010, 1:12 AM

Post #1 of 4 (749 views)
Shortcut
Green pixelization Can't Post

Since I am here figured Id ask another question. I have a Gateway plasma monitor and a friend of mine has a different manufacturer. Our problem is they both have a snowy green effect to the picture, some shows it is really noticeable(bright images) and other shows hard to tell(darker images). I mean the pictures not all green just more green pixels flickering across screen than there should be.
I would take a picture but I really dont think it would catch it. They are like green spaarkly dots in sync with all other colors
Can someone tell me what causes this?

(This post was edited by spoogemoolie on Dec 1, 2010, 1:23 AM)

darstr
User

Dec 2, 2010, 3:34 PM

Post #2 of 4 (736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spoogemoolie] Green pixelization [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy It is a diffusion problem. Can be adjusted on the power supply and or Y sustain board. If adjustments do not make it better either your sustain board needs replaced . . . .or your panel is shot

spoogemoolie
New User

Dec 6, 2010, 12:30 AM

Post #3 of 4 (723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darstr] Green pixelization [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for replying.
Looks like a few different pots on these boards. Can you direct me to more literature or sources to what they control? a service manual? Or be more specific in which adjustment takes care of he diffusion? I see va adjust ve adjust and others as Im sure you know.

darstr
User

Dec 7, 2010, 1:34 PM

Post #4 of 4 (716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spoogemoolie] Green pixelization [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy Look at the label on the panel. You will se voltage for VA. Make sure the voltage matches. If it does, you can raise and lower it up to 10 volts and see if it clears up. This will fix problem most times, but of course nothing is gaurenteed.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)