Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hannspree tv fault

matty-chatty-95
New User

Mar 24, 2013, 4:04 PM

Post #1 of 6 (6688 views)
Shortcut
Hannspree tv fault Can't Post

Hi all im new to this forum and not sure if my question is in the right place or not so sorry if its not.
My question is:

I have a 42" hannspree HSG1102 lcd tv. The tv will power on for around 20-30 seconds and displays the hannspree logo as it should on start up and all i can see is a black but lit screen for a few seconds then the tv will shut down back to stand by. I have no idea what this could be. I have had the tv open and all seems okay no bulged or leaking caps. Also there is no signs of burn marks on either of the boards.

Any help would be great. I have spoken to hannspree and there not interested to help me because the tv is out of warranty. I also think this shouldn't of been the case the tv was only manufactured in 2011 so its not that old.
Please help.

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 24, 2013, 7:49 PM

Post #2 of 6 (6678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matty-chatty-95] Hannspree tv fault [In reply to] Can't Post

Since you don't say which input it comes up on ...

Some manufacturers build in a "Turn Off if nothing is active on the input that is currently selected" feature.

If set was turned off when set to VGA input and now has nothing even connected to that input, it wiil start up as you describe, then go back to standby.

Either change the input on the TV during the first 20-30 seconds (IF it will let you), or connect an antenna or ACTIVE device to the indicated input (or each input in turn).

Of course, I could be barking up the wrong tree all together ....Smile

-------------------------

matty-chatty-95
New User

Mar 24, 2013, 10:05 PM

Post #3 of 6 (6672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Hannspree tv fault [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha yes sorry i have had an antenna plugged in to it before when test its not always plugged in as not always convenient when im working on it trying to figure the issue myself.

I bought the tv off someone else as a project more then anything but would love to get it work. Some people have said its more then likely the inverter board am i right in thinking the transformers go bad on these boards. If so is there a way you could tell me to test these i have a standard digital multimeter but nothing special

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 25, 2013, 12:09 AM

Post #4 of 6 (6666 views)
Shortcut

Many times IF TV has BAD INVERTER, the sound (for the selected input) will continue. How can YOU tell WHICH input the TV is on so that you can be certain that you're applying an "active" audio/video signal to THAT input?

-------------------------

matty-chatty-95
New User

Mar 25, 2013, 7:49 PM

Post #5 of 6 (6649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Hannspree tv fault [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi thank you on the reply. I don't have away of telling the input and the buttons on the panel and on the remote don't seem to work while its in the state it is in. Doesn't come up as far as tell me what input is set at this time.

leonard085
New User

Aug 5, 2013, 1:48 PM

Post #6 of 6 (6400 views)
Shortcut

more than likely a problem with invertors similar to this link http://youtu.be/wrD1d-a2fnA

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)