Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hatichi P50H401

zaw
New User

Nov 21, 2009, 10:50 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2607 views)
Shortcut
Hatichi P50H401 Can't Post

Well.. TV is about 2 year old and one day I decided not to come on and welcome with just blue blinking light, 4 pause then 4 in a loop.

I'm pretty good with repairing stuff I understand how electronics work pretty good.

Not in warranty so I open the back up and see what anything, I saw that CAP on power supply was poped, went to DigiKey and got replacements installed, nothing changed.

Went and got the Service Manual pdf, found that voltages specs where to test etc.
Vss and Va are at 0.

Also found that if SDR chip get poped or not response Main board will tell PS to shut down the Vss and Va for fail safe.

So I unplug the Sustain leads from PS and ones that goe to main board.

power it up, blue light comes on in front , no flashing, response to IR (its flashes when press button).
Check the Vss and Va volts to GND nothing.

I'm not sure if they're suppose to be hot all the time or Main Board tell to become hot when everything is checked out.

I did look at the chips on SDR board and one of the chip look scorched. I did the testing of the caps but I see half of the caps beeps on Continuity check.

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 23, 2009, 1:49 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zaw] Hatichi P50H401 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hitachi plasma's fire up in an unusual way. If I recall, there is a troubleshooting guide in the manual that tells you to begin pulling plugs off the boards and then measuring the VS or VA lines to ground to isolate a short.

zaw
New User

Nov 25, 2009, 3:29 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] Hatichi P50H401 [In reply to] Can't Post

Its the SDR-D board is bad. I unplug it and only top half of the picture come up.

I ordered one from a website but turn out the one they got is not working either.

I can't seem to find it on any website, hopefully local tv guy can get one for me.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)