Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hisense LHDN32V66AUS

TERELK
New User

Jun 30, 2011, 3:08 AM

Post #1 of 6 (19338 views)
Shortcut
Hisense LHDN32V66AUS Can't Post

I have a Hisense 32" LCD TV and have been using it for 9 months now. Last week the on-screen menu popped up without any input from the remote control and in the top right corner it showed which input was being used. After I hit the exit button on the remote to clear the screen it kept popping up as fast as I could hit exit. I tried using the menu button on the TV itself but now the menu button actually turns the volume up and none of the other buttons on the TV itself work properly. The remote control will still control the volume and change channels but will not work any menu options. I tried unplugging the set for a minute or two to see if that might reset or reboot something but no luck. Any clue as to what I can do, short of having it serviced? As luck would have it there is only a 1-year warranty and the problem started 2 weeks after the warranty expired. We bought it 3 months before we moved and actually started using it.

techchris
Veteran

Jun 30, 2011, 8:44 AM

Post #2 of 6 (19328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TERELK] Hisense LHDN32V66AUS [In reply to] Can't Post

disconnect the switches on the tv first by pulling off the connecting wires or ribbon. if the fault clears and the remote works normally then the one of the switches is probably stuck. otherwise the fault is probably the eeprom or micro chip.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2011, 4:41 AM

Post #3 of 6 (19312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TERELK] Hisense LHDN32V66AUS [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with 'techchris' it is probably a stuck or most of the time a bad tact switch on the TV. this is the switches that control the volume, channels, power, menu etc. so follow the advice of 'techchis' & disconnect these switches; they will be on their own tiny circuit board & will have a plug that unplugs from that board.

*** 'Ron M.' makes an excellent point below. ***

If the IR sensor for the remote is on the same board (which often happens) then unplugging the board will not be a good test because you will have no functions at all. If that is the case the next best test is to desolder the switches on that board.

If you are not sure what the IR sensor looks like, just post a picture of that board here & any of the techs will be able to let you know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jul 3, 2011, 10:45 PM)

Ron.M
Veteran

Jul 3, 2011, 8:39 PM

Post #4 of 6 (19308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Hisense LHDN32V66AUS [In reply to] Can't Post

Repair man & techchris;....

What happens IF the remote IR reciever is ON the same board as the tact switches & you unplug it ????

Set DEAD , right ????
HOW do you figure out that a switch is bad ????
GOOD LUCK with that .....
IF the IR reciever is on a separate/different board...NEVERMIND !!!!...Angelic...

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

mel
Veteran

Jul 5, 2011, 8:34 PM

Post #5 of 6 (19292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Hisense LHDN32V66AUS [In reply to] Can't Post

How about just using an ohmeter to check for a stuck switch. If it is stuck, it will show a dead short across the contacts when they should be open.

Ron.M
Veteran

Jul 6, 2011, 6:25 PM

Post #6 of 6 (19286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anyone] Hisense LHDN32V66AUS [In reply to] Can't Post

Some types of those switches use 2 or 4 pins for board & circuit connections....
IF he has the 2 pin type , NO problem using a meter....
IF he has the 4 pin type & connects the meter across certain 2 pins (Adjacent) he may read short till the cows are dead...
They are internally connected to eachother...
2 pairs are purposely connected to eachother...
So he needs to connect his meter diagonally across the pins & he should then get an accurate reading...
Just a big FYI......

Have fun....Wink....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

(This post was edited by Ron.M on Jul 6, 2011, 6:26 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)