Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hitachi 50FX30B

Unlucky320
New User

Jul 13, 2005, 12:04 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3387 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 50FX30B Can't Post

I have a Hitachi 50FX30B rear projection set that won't power on, no power LED on front panel. It shut down suddenly after I turned it on yesterday, I get nothing except a click when you turn it on.

I took off the rear panel and looked at the board all that is lit is the RED Protection LED.

Any help would be appreciated on this. Thanks in advance.

Unlucky320
New User

Jul 14, 2005, 1:31 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unlucky320] Hitachi 50FX30B [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have a Hitachi 50FX30B rear projection set that won't power on, no power LED on front panel. It shut down suddenly after I turned it on yesterday, I get nothing except a click when you turn it on.

I took off the rear panel and looked at the board all that is lit is the RED Protection LED.

Any help would be appreciated on this. Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to add that I downloaded a service manual and they had a troubleshooting method in it. It said that the green LEDs should come on then go off, but they don't light up at all. Just the Red one comes on...at first it (Red) blicks then comes on fully.

Unlucky320
New User

Jul 26, 2005, 8:38 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unlucky320] Hitachi 50FX30B [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wanted to let you all know that we have gotten tv working. Called Hitachi repairman and was told it was probably a cap or regulator, replaced part STRM-6511 which is a semi conductor. Set can on seems to be working fine. Thanks for all help concerning this problem.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)