Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hitachi L19HP03

markm6164
New User

Feb 25, 2012, 4:47 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1044 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi L19HP03 Can't Post

I have a hitachi that won't turn on. The standby light just flashes on and off. I have opened the tv and removed the psu for testing. I found i have two 12v supplies missing. Here is a link to the service manual http://elektrotanya.com/...egoria=&kat2=all and i have attached below imaged of the psu serial number YPWGB1019PTG. I don't want to buy another psu i want to repair this one if anyone can help. When i power the psu out of the tv on its own something is clicking at the same rate as the standby does when the psu is connected to tv.

Thanks for any help.

mel
Veteran

Feb 25, 2012, 11:43 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markm6164] Hitachi L19HP03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Normally I am all for component repair but as complex as this circuitry is and all of the surface mount ICs, I wouldn't even try this one. Especially, when the service manual is not much help.

markm6164
New User

Feb 26, 2012, 10:28 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Hitachi L19HP03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Really? I have equipment to test this psu I just need some guidance in doing it. I have multimeters and an oscilloscope. On the second picture down there are two White connectors. The 5 pin one has three power feeds and two grounds which are all present and correct. The other six pin connector is marked two 12v pins which I have nothing. Two ground pins which measure fine, a dim pin and on/off pin. The two ic's are pwm chips. There doesn't seem to be any power on the vcc pins and no pwm out. Also I measure nothing from the secondary side of the switching transformer?? There is 360v in on the primary side. I have removed and tested the transformer and with my basic resistance tests across the windings seem ok.

mel
Veteran

Feb 26, 2012, 9:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1018 views)
Shortcut

You can go to elektrotanya.com to download the service manual and go from there. GOOD LUCK Cool

Repair man
Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012, 3:59 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1005 views)
Shortcut

Can you email me those pics & I'll point out a few things for you to try & voltage tests to make & email them back to you.

You can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Feb 27, 2012, 4:00 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)