Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hitachi P50T01U TV

neilned
New User

Jul 24, 2014, 11:29 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2086 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi P50T01U TV Can't Post

Hi can any one help ? I had a perfectly good working 7 year old tv until 2 weeks ago when I tried for the first time to tune in the in built freeview , Until then we had no aireal . Just been veiwing on cable (virgin) After trying to tune the freeview which failed, I carried on viewing virgin . the next day I tried to watch the tv ,the power light comes on but no picture or sound, the remote cant even get any menus up, other than a symbol of a remote in top left corner with a cross through it,I have never expierianced any trouble with picture quality or sound until this point . Any advice please Thanks

flyatyou66
User

Jul 25, 2014, 1:46 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neilned] Hitachi P50T01U TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Performing a Power Cycle Step 1
Locate the power supply for the TV and unplug it from the electrical outlet. Step 2
Press and hold the "Power" button on the TV for 60 seconds.
Step 3
Plug the power supply of the TV back into the wall and press the "Power" button to restart the TV.
Perform a Factory Reset Step 1
Turn the television on. Step 2
Press and hold the reset button on the remote control. If your remote control doesn't have a reset button, press and hold the up arrow. Step 3
Press the "Power" button on the front panel of the television while holding the reset or up arrow button on the remote. Step 4
Release the reset or up arrow button on the remote and follow the setup instructions on tv set.
If this does not work let me know.

(This post was edited by flyatyou66 on Jul 25, 2014, 1:48 AM)

neilned
New User

Jul 29, 2014, 5:53 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyatyou66] Hitachi P50T01U TV [In reply to] Can't Post

hi i tried the power supply trick and after i done it the tv come on to red stanby mode for 3 to 5 secs then went to blue mode (on ) and things still remain the same

flyatyou66
User

Jul 29, 2014, 7:34 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neilned] Hitachi P50T01U TV [In reply to] Can't Post

That icon in top left corner means remote no working. Remove batteries hold power on remote 15 seconds whatever put batteries back in.With tv on press power on remote.It also mean batteries no good.

(This post was edited by flyatyou66 on Jul 29, 2014, 7:45 PM)

neilned
New User

Feb 9, 2015, 10:24 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyatyou66] Hitachi P50T01U TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your help,things still the same . If you as a repair man were to try to fix the tv what would your aproach be , only I took it to a shop and they are trying to tell me it could cost about £300 but they seem to be un specific about the problem . Basically can the fault be found and how would you go about it . Thanks .

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)