Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hitachi Projection problem

skysvr
New User

Sep 1, 2005, 11:37 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2384 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi Projection problem Can't Post

I tried posting this in Projection tv forum but got no response, maybe someone can help me here. I have a Hitachi 61SDX01B 60" projection TV. I just moved it. We were very careful on the move but when we hooked it up I have a small smear of green in the lower right and when there is a letter box or what should be a straight line there is alittle bending of it in that area. Did I damage it somehow? Also, cable man told me to get an optical cable for the cable box for better video quality, It hooks up just fine to the optical input but I get no picture. I don't have the owners manual to it so not sure if there is a switch or mode I go to to get the picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

DSSGUY
New User

Sep 3, 2005, 2:51 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skysvr] Hitachi Projection problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like the convergence is off. Have you done a digital array alignment? Sounds like that is what it needs. I have a Hitachi, but not the same model. Mine has a digital array button behind the flip done panel in the front. Try that and see if it fixes itself. I can post a page out of my manual if you think it would help.

You may have a bad board, or loose solder joint that got jolted in the move. I just did a repair on my TV last week that had the similar symptoms. See my post http://www.tv-forums.com/...forum.cgi?post=16712

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)