Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hitachi UltraVision 60SDX88B

dbrossart
New User

Jun 11, 2009, 2:15 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1951 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi UltraVision 60SDX88B Can't Post

We have a Hitachi UltraVision 60SDX88B television. Just recently it has started turning the picture off. Sound still works but the screen goes black. Just before it happens the screen gets very fuzzy. If we turn it off and return later it will work fine. There is no obvious pattern (getting hot, etc.) I would like to inquire as to what may be causing this and how expensive of a repair it would be. I have no idea who to call or if I can even afford to repair it.

C3POTvTech
New User

Jun 27, 2009, 7:20 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dbrossart] Hitachi UltraVision 60SDX88B [In reply to] Can't Post

it looks like what your problem is the "ballast" the ballast is what powers up the lamp to turn on and stay on so the ballast is not sending the right voltage signal to the lamp the ballast are not that expensive there around $60 dlls you could get it at www.discount-merchant.com i have bought a few parts from them they got some good deals Cool

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 27, 2009, 9:04 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [C3POTvTech] Hitachi UltraVision 60SDX88B [In reply to] Can't Post

RPTV CRT's NOT DLP.Frown

-------------------------

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2009, 11:36 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dbrossart] Hitachi UltraVision 60SDX88B [In reply to] Can't Post

My notes tell me that this is a projection set and it may be a simple re-soldering of a defective joint! I am going to give you some good advice:If you buy a huge TV, you can expect HUGE repair bills!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)