Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Hitachi with lines

jeep983
New User

Jun 27, 2008, 5:58 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi with lines Can't Post

Hello yall. I need some advice. I have a Hitachi Model number 31dx11b. When you first turn the tv on it has lines across it almost half way down the screen. The long you leave the tv on the lines move up to the top and stop about 6" from the top. Is it something simple or should I scrap it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 27, 2008, 8:27 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeep983] Hitachi with lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Its dried out electrolytics in the vertical, cost of parts is probably a Big Mac. I use the hamburger as it has about the same value world wide. Now the cost of labor is what it is, get a quote, if the guy tells you he has to see it to quote, run. The only variation is, will you take it to him, and how much of a bitch that thing is to work on. Rob.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2008, 2:01 AM

Post #3 of 4 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeep983] Hitachi with lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Check these parts ... Vertical IC625 LA7838, C625 16V 47uf, C627 35V 100uf ... Start by changing the 2 caps -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

rrobor
Veteran

Jul 4, 2008, 9:18 AM

Post #4 of 4 (971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Hitachi with lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Dont know the set but there is another electrolytic just after the LT rectifier diode which is much more likely. Value is from 470uF to 1000uF 35V

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)