Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
JMB dilemma

flavious
New User

May 23, 2007, 10:52 AM

Post #1 of 2 (970 views)
Shortcut
JMB dilemma Can't Post

I have a JMB TV that I bought used with no remote control. Unfortunatly the universal remote control I have doesnt list JMB among its list of manufacturers to enter the code. Does anyone know if JMB is made by a different company, if so I could try the code for whoever made it. If anyone has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
The TV is a JMB, model number JMBTV430R and chassis number CTN BB.
Thanks, Dan

dr.ido
New User

May 24, 2007, 11:33 AM

Post #2 of 2 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flavious] JMB dilemma [In reply to] Can't Post

Many of the TVs sold with strange unknown strange names on them use the same/similar chassis. One factory manufactures the same TV with the whatever brand/label on it that the wholesaler speciifes.

Try using the autosearch function on your universal remote. It should find a code that will work for at least the basic functions (on/off, channel, volume, av input), but you may have to use the front panel controls for setup functions.

If your universal remote doesn't have an autosearch function or it can't find a working code try a different universal remote. In my experience a cheap no brand universal remote ($10 or less in discount stores here) is more likely to work on this kind of TV than a more expensive programmable type (one4all, pronto, harmony, etc).

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)