JVC LT26 DF7BK

scrofts007
New User

Oct 27, 2009, 9:24 PM

Post #1 of 3 (684 views)
Shortcut
JVC LT26 DF7BK Can't Post

Good evening.
Posted yesterday (probably mistakenly) in the LCD forum.

Just to reiterate, I have 26" JVC LCD stuck with standby light on.

Ran some more tests this eve in my amateur way and can confirm that :-

I have 240v ac @ power supply unit and 320v DC @ large capacitor on the POWER? board.

I have 1.65v coming off CPU board to light the standby LED.

There is signs of heat around a few of the components on the POWER (white coloured) board - is this normal or (I suspect) signs of a fault. One of the coils has 6 connectors underneath it and one of these was completely black - but did scrape clean!

This board has 2 distinct "zones" - one marked LIVE (where the 240v components seem to sit) and the other marked "Isolated". The 2 sides are bridged by 3 IC's and 3 coils. I cannot get a voltage reading on any of these coils from the "ISOLATED" side of the board - is this because there is a fault, or could it be simply that there is no demand for electricty from the main control board?

Apologies for long post, but thought I'd give you everything I had!

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 28, 2009, 4:31 AM

Post #2 of 3 (678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scrofts007] JVC LT26 DF7BK [In reply to] Can't Post

LIVE & ISOLATED each reference their own ground points.

USUALLY the negative leads of electrolytic capacitors, but not always.
The raw b-plus will reference the negative pin of the largest lytic on the LIVE section. The 320 volt DC I suspect references the ISOLATED section.Wink

-------------------------

scrofts007
New User

Oct 28, 2009, 9:18 PM

Post #3 of 3 (675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] JVC LT26 DF7BK [In reply to] Can't Post

OK - Thanks. Not sure if I have unusual board, but the large capacitor sits next to the 240v input on the LIVE half of the board - this 320v DC is then fed into the IC's and invertor coils.

Is there anyone that can provide help on the specific issues of how best to test for output on this board and (assuming it's faulty) point me in the direction of where I can order a replacement.

Thanks again

Stuart.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)