Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Jensen CR1306J

maverickr
User

Jul 8, 2008, 3:16 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Jensen CR1306J Can't Post

This set does its own thing. By that I mean it changes channels on its own, if i power it off it comes back on by itself, if i go into the menu it moves through the menu on its own. In order to stop this behaviour i have to unplug the set for about ten minutes. Still, when i restore power and turn it on it works fine for about 2 minutes before behaving erraticly again. Any ideas regarding this problem? All help is appreciated. Thanks

techchris
Veteran

Jul 8, 2008, 5:49 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maverickr] Jensen CR1306J [In reply to] Can't Post

if you have channel or volume buttons on the front of the set the switches behind may be faulty, ie conducting. see if you can disconnect them inside and if that cures the fault.if so then they need changing or left disconnected if you are happy just using the remote

maverickr
User

Jul 9, 2008, 3:45 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Jensen CR1306J [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the tip. Will check it out and post my results for the benefit of others.

maverickr
User

Jul 21, 2008, 2:53 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1315 views)
Shortcut

The switches are on a seperate control board, which plugs into the mainboard. I checked all the switches using my DMM and they seem to be fine, so does the resistors and other components on the control board. However, when i unplug the control board from the mainboard nothing happens but if i plug it back into the mainboard and switch the tv on, that's when i get this sporadic behaviour. I was thinking i could just replace the control board, which maybe damaged, but its difficult enough finding parts for this model.

techchris
Veteran

Jul 21, 2008, 6:12 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maverickr] Jensen CR1306J [In reply to] Can't Post

sometimes the tact switches go conductive.before you go spending hours looking elsewhere for the fault,take the 4 switches off the board,plug the board back in and switch on and see what happens.by disconnecting the whole board, the microprocessor detects this and switches the tv off so you are confusing the tv by doing that. just remove the vol/ch switches first.

maverickr
User

Jul 22, 2008, 3:36 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1306 views)
Shortcut

Ok, will take that route.

maverickr
User

Aug 22, 2008, 7:11 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1283 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
sometimes the tact switches go conductive.before you go spending hours looking elsewhere for the fault,take the 4 switches off the board,plug the board back in and switch on and see what happens.by disconnecting the whole board, the microprocessor detects this and switches the tv off so you are confusing the tv by doing that. just remove the vol/ch switches first.

Did that and found the culprit switch! Problem solved! Thanks techchris!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)