Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
KDL-32L4000 Panel Problems

xechostormx
New User

Aug 29, 2010, 2:11 AM

Post #1 of 5 (7333 views)
Shortcut
KDL-32L4000 Panel Problems Can't Post

I recently purchased a sony bravia kdl32l4000 used that was having a panel problem. I had originally concluded from online research that it was the t-con board that was bad, and ordered a new one. However replacing the board has made no difference. After further research I found a discussion about the connection tabs on the panel going bad or coming loose, and the suggestion of applying pressure to them in various places to see if the screen changes at all.i see no difference whatsoever (using the cap of a pen and then a credit card, finally finger pressure) the same thing seems to go for the tab connecting the tcon board to the board on top, and messing with the cables leading to the tcon board. I am hoping someone might have an idea of what to try next with this tv, as I do not want to lose my investment. <br>hopefully someone can suggest a solution. also, the images in the menus are ghosted, its not just tv/video. 2 pics and a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzF59CEWXsg
http://img90.imageshack.us/i/pic0003rp.jpg/
http://img31.imageshack.us/i/pic0002r.jpg/

(This post was edited by xechostormx on Aug 29, 2010, 2:22 AM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2010, 2:23 AM

Post #2 of 5 (7325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xechostormx] KDL-32L4000 Panel Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen this problem many times before (bottom 2/3 looks like double vertical fold-over with lines running across screen) and in every case it was a bad LCD panel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

xechostormx
New User

Aug 29, 2010, 2:31 AM

Post #3 of 5 (7320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] KDL-32L4000 Panel Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen this problem many times before (bottom 2/3 looks like double vertical fold-over with lines running across screen) and in every case it was a bad LCD panel.

yeah, im guessing the same thing. Is there anything you can suggest? it doesnt seem to be a tab bond issue, or at least not one that pressure could fix.

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 29, 2010, 2:34 AM

Post #4 of 5 (7319 views)
Shortcut

I don't see how it can be made any plainer: Your TV needs a replacement LCD panel - period.Unimpressed

-------------------------

xechostormx
New User

Aug 29, 2010, 2:54 AM

Post #5 of 5 (7311 views)
Shortcut

thats unfortunate. I see that the panel alone (going with part 1-802-932-43) is over $500, more than the cost of the tv itself currently. I guess to the trash it goes, and next time Ill know better than to buy an lcd with problems, hoping to save a buck.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)