Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
KP-48V75 convergence issue

jdoxakis
New User

Jun 11, 2008, 6:56 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1325 views)
Shortcut
KP-48V75 convergence issue Can't Post

I have a Sony 48 " color rear projection tv, my son hit the screen really hard today and the screen looks funky now. At the top there is a purple arc color, as well as the bottom. There are double images, green and purple, the doubling is more of a shadow or silouhette accented with either green or purple depending on the colors of the picture. I tried adjusting the convergence from the tv menu but it didnt help much. Need a little help here.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2008, 8:46 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jdoxakis] KP-48V75 convergence issue [In reply to] Can't Post

It could have a cracked mirror; if the mirror gets cracked it will look the same as bad convergence. You would have to take the upper back part of the TV off to check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

jdoxakis
New User

Jun 12, 2008, 11:32 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] KP-48V75 convergence issue [In reply to] Can't Post

I opened the back and the mirror is fine. The CRT lights are all fine too with the exception of a layer of dust which I cleaned off. For right now the TV has been fine so hopefully it has resolved itself.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)