Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
KP-53S35 Blurry

PK44
New User

Sep 19, 2006, 12:58 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1150 views)
Shortcut
KP-53S35 Blurry Can't Post

I have a 1997 Sony KP-53S35 which has been good to me for a number of years. This TV has been inactive for for roughly 5 years and has finally seen some action this past year. All of a sudden, the TV takes a while to warm up, the screen immediately flashes with a yellowish/green tint and everything seems very blurry. It gets better but doesn't bring itself back to 100%. The picture also flashes at times and blurs in and out occasionally as well. Right now I'm staring at a blurry picture that seems bright around each object similar to ghosting.

Last case scenerio I'll call a tech in to take a look but was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. I'm not affraid to open this up and give it a go.

Thanks in advance.

(This post was edited by PK44 on Sep 19, 2006, 12:58 AM)

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2006, 1:46 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PK44] KP-53S35 Blurry [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, but you need to call a tech on this one!

PK44
New User

Sep 21, 2006, 3:42 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] KP-53S35 Blurry [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. I didn't give up there, wanted to dig a little deeper to see if I was missing something. I took the back of the TV off to see how dirty it was inside, which it wasn't. After looking further into my picture problems, I noticed that most if not all had to do with the green projector. With the back removed, I covered up the different colors to see if the picture sharpness improved and it did the moment I covered up the middle green projector.

For those of you with experience, what do you think? I'm debating bringing someone in here, I'd like to know what kind of costs I'm looking at if someone had any ideas why this was happening. I'm open to any feedback, thank you.

In Reply To

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)