Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
KV30HS420 Sony

Preist73
New User

Aug 4, 2006, 6:47 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1033 views)
Shortcut
KV30HS420 Sony Can't Post

I have this Sony TV and it has an area right in the middle of the screen underneath the glass that looks like a black to grey smudge area and when it is turned on it looks blacked out. Is this a small repir or is it more cost effective to just get rid of it.......I have like two other TVs that are also in this condition with one being about most of the center of the TV that is smudged looking even though the glass is not cracked on any of thse TVs. Someone please help me with this matterUnsure

mel
Veteran

Aug 4, 2006, 9:49 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Preist73] KV30HS420 Sony [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like the phosphor may be burned in that area. It would be unusual to see the same symptom in three sets unless you may some kind of static display on all three which lights up this area over an extended period of time. If that is the problem, it is time to start shopping and if you don't chenge the conditions, you will have a repeat occurance in a very short time.

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 5, 2006, 5:49 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1024 views)
Shortcut

Agree with Mel but cant understand how you are doing this. As a pro tech phosphur burn is uncommon that you have 3 is remarkable. Only cure is new tube and Sony dont manufacture them any more, you may find one but it was in store for almost a year.

Preist73
New User

Aug 6, 2006, 10:02 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1012 views)
Shortcut

Well I'm in business and get returns and used electronics and was trying to figure out whether these items are a lost or rather a small fix. Thank You so much the unfortunate thing is that this is a wega TV and the others are 27" to 32" Tvs and will mean a small loss as far as investment but large loss in profit....so Thank You both for your wise input.Wink

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)