Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LCD Colour Problem

Wiz
User

Oct 31, 2009, 8:25 AM

Post #1 of 9 (1946 views)
Shortcut
LCD Colour Problem Can't Post

I have recently acquired a Humax LP32-TDR1 LCD television which has the problem of the colours look as though they are inverted/mixed up.
This happens on both DVD and PC input (not tried normal TV as not set it up with arial yet but I imagine it will be the same)

Any help much appreciated

Ollie

techchris
Veteran

Oct 31, 2009, 10:00 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiz] LCD Colour Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like a solarized picture. fault on digital processing board more than likely

Wiz
User

Nov 4, 2009, 4:04 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] LCD Colour Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know where I might find this board?
I have what looks like a power supply board covered in dry joints (I've re soldered them) a smaller board below that one, a module with hundreds of surface mount components which takes in scarts etc and outputs to the little board underneath the power board. Think there may be a board under the metal frame next to lcd panel but not had it apart enough to check properly

Wiz
User

Nov 5, 2009, 3:06 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1907 views)
Shortcut

Update: I had the TV on, with solarized image adjusting settings to see if this would cause it to give a better picture. Suddenly it switched itself off and now will not come on again. This leads me to think there's either a problem with the power supply and some how this was causing the solarized image or, the control (computer like) circuit has died and therefore isn't allowing it to switch on.
Which of these seems to be most likely, will investigate further in the morning, but any advice on where to look will be great.

I emailed HUMAX about the solarized image who said that they thought the panel was at fault and thus not an economic repair, and also refused to send me a schematic for the TV.

Any help much appreciated,

Ollie

techchris
Veteran

Nov 5, 2009, 9:34 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1903 views)
Shortcut

I suspect this is Chinese import so no spares available. you could check the power supply board for bulging,faulty electrolytic capacitors and change them if you can solder.

Wiz
User

Nov 5, 2009, 10:09 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1901 views)
Shortcut

Soldering not a problem so I can quite easily change some caps, my suspicion is that the computer like circuitry controls the power supply, this I have power for the blue LED on the front, but the other 12 and 5 volt lines don't come on. will take it apart to test though.
Another site suggested the T-con board could be at fault, do you know what Im looking for in regards to this board.
Sorry for all teh questions, this is the first time I've had an LCD apart, so its a steep learning curve for me.

Ollie

Wiz
User

Nov 5, 2009, 12:52 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1897 views)
Shortcut

Ok, I'm a retard, it went into standby when it had no signal. I assumed that it would automatically start up when main switch pressed, evidently not. Colour problem still exists.
How likely is it to be the panel that the faulty component?

techchris
Veteran

Nov 5, 2009, 2:53 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1893 views)
Shortcut

50/50 i would guess. you could check the ribbon connectors first, between the panel and driver boards. Boards are generally checked by replacement if available.

Wiz
User

Nov 5, 2009, 5:26 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1890 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your response, It appears to give a normal picture on low light level images (eg when xbox 360 been left for a while and dims the screen) will have a look after work this evening

(This post was edited by Wiz on Nov 5, 2009, 5:27 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)