Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LCD HDTV blown

Haze28
New User

May 28, 2009, 3:38 AM

Post #1 of 5 (742 views)
Shortcut
LCD HDTV blown Can't Post

Hi, I’ve had a 32” LCD HDtv for a year and a half and today it just switched off and wouldn’t come back on. I had a pc, laptop, xbox, pc monitor and a portable heater plugged into the same sockets.
What do you think could be the problem? I’ve checked the fuse and it looks ok but I’m still going to replace it.
What do you think the problem could be? The fuse doesn’t look brown or blown but I’m still guessing and hoping that this is the problem.

jts1957
Veteran

May 28, 2009, 6:36 AM

Post #2 of 5 (734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Haze28] LCD HDTV blown [In reply to] Can't Post

This just shows how prevalent the problem of No-Name / No Model number Flat-screen HDTV sets failing is!

Did it make it to the end of the manufacturer's warranty? (I assume - Yes) Did you purchase the extended warranty? (I assume - No)

My observation: seems that flat screen sets are only lasting between 3 to 7 years before their 1st failure. If yours made it a year and a half it's an exception to the rule. They don't build 'em like they used to.Frown

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on May 28, 2009, 6:37 AM)

Haze28
New User

May 28, 2009, 7:20 AM

Post #3 of 5 (729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LCD HDTV blown [In reply to] Can't Post

Ahh! I think I found the problem. There were two fuses; one near the power socket and one near the top. The fuse at the top has blown, so I assume thats the problem.

jts1957
Veteran

May 28, 2009, 7:23 AM

Post #4 of 5 (726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Haze28] LCD HDTV blown [In reply to] Can't Post

Be sure to put the SAME value fuse back in. If it blows again, don't be tempted to put in a larger value.

-------------------------

Haze28
New User

May 31, 2009, 4:21 PM

Post #5 of 5 (707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LCD HDTV blown [In reply to] Can't Post

I replaced the fuse and then the fuse at the bottom, near the power supply blew out. So I replaced that and they both blew again. I’ve checked the circuit board near the top of the tv where the top fuse goes, I don’t know the name of the board but it’s that’s thats blown.

So I’m just wondering whether I might aswell buy a new tv. This current one was a cheap Techwood modell

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)