Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LCD TV problems

nightmarechevy
New User

Oct 29, 2010, 4:27 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1164 views)
Shortcut
LCD TV problems Can't Post

I just replaced my inverter board on my Philips 47" 1080p LCD because my screen started blacking out more and more frequently. I got the new board in and installed it and turned the tv on and I am no longer having the black screen problem but now I have a "double image". Is the new board bad?

nightmarechevy
New User

Oct 29, 2010, 4:29 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nightmarechevy] LCD TV problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 29, 2010, 4:37 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1159 views)
Shortcut

Doubtful. Try a different source? Smile

-------------------------

nightmarechevy
New User

Oct 29, 2010, 12:42 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LCD TV problems [In reply to] Can't Post

All sources and the menu screen are doing it.

darstr
User

Oct 29, 2010, 3:44 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1150 views)
Shortcut

CrazyRe check all of your connection inside and out side of the TV. If that fails, you might start looking at your main board. That is to clear of a picture to be a panel or T-Con issue.

nightmarechevy
New User

Nov 27, 2010, 3:12 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darstr] LCD TV problems [In reply to] Can't Post

I had the tv "reprogrammed" at a local tv shop and the picture was back to normal and all was well. I watched tv a few times for 3 or 4 hours each setting and the screen blacked out on me 2 or 3 times again. I decided that I would give up and just have the local well reputable tv repair shop fix the issue. They tested the tv for 30 hours and could never duplicate the problem and sent it back to me. I watched tv for about 2 hours that day and the screen blacked out once again. Any idea what could be causing the inverter board to keep going bad or did I just get a faulty board?

nightmarechevy
New User

Nov 27, 2010, 3:19 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1091 views)
Shortcut

BTW the inverter board is no longer available new so I had replaced it with a used unit from discounttvparts.com. Also when the screen is blacking out I have sound but no picture whatsoever (none of the sources, no menu, etc). If I cycle the TV off and back on the picture returns (sometimes for hours, sometimes very shortly). Is there anything aside from an inverter board that would cause this problem or anything that would be keep burning out the boards or does it just sound like a faulty replacement board? The new board did drastically slow down the occurrences so I think I'm on the right track.

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 27, 2010, 3:34 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1089 views)
Shortcut

Take a look for faint video with a flashlight from various angles after back light fails.

You may want to update your earlier picture.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Nov 27, 2010, 3:36 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)