LG HOTEL MODE

allnighta
New User

Jan 15, 2013, 5:37 PM

Post #1 of 9 (4259 views)
Shortcut
LG HOTEL MODE Can't Post

first of a big hello to everyone Wink

ok so i got a LG 42PQ3000 which i bought as faulty, the set was stuck in demo mode with the menu button not working on remote and the tv pane buttons are keylocked.

so after a bit messing around and by pressing menu on the tv then menu on the remote straight after i can access the the menu and i manage to switch the set from demo mode to user mode, only thing now is the setup box is greyed out and i cant access it and the tv buttons are still keyocked and the menu button on the remote still doesn't work

i figure the set is in hotel mode. i contacted lg and they want to send an engineer out lol at what cost i wonder

anyways do any of you guys know how to get round this

thanks in advance

mel
Veteran

Jan 16, 2013, 12:13 AM

Post #2 of 9 (4245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [allnighta] LG HOTEL MODE [In reply to] Can't Post

Go to lg.com and download the users manual. It might help. Also, it sounds like the menu button on the remote might be defective.Crazy

allnighta
New User

Jan 16, 2013, 1:27 AM

Post #3 of 9 (4241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] LG HOTEL MODE [In reply to] Can't Post

Checked manual that was my first sort of call and its not menu button as have brand new remote for it.

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 17, 2013, 3:51 AM

Post #4 of 9 (4227 views)
Shortcut

Brand new remote?
1) "original" (same that came in the box with the set when newly purchased), or
2) "replacement" (whatever brand) universal.?

-------------------------

74f100
Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013, 4:07 AM

Post #5 of 9 (4225 views)
Shortcut

More than likely you'll need a service remote to do anything. I've never seen a "hotel" mode with any. Their hospitality sets will function as a normal set unless they have a FTG or Lodgenet card installed.
HDMI not working

allnighta
New User

Jan 17, 2013, 8:36 AM

Post #6 of 9 (4223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] LG HOTEL MODE [In reply to] Can't Post

the remote is a a replacement not original but i can access and control everything except for the setup and with the key lock being on im snookered lol, set is still usable tho just would be nice to get the key lock of it if possible. would this remote help

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-SERVICE-REMOTE-Remote-Control-Replacement-with-2-free-Batteries-/271125299692?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_RemoteControls&hash=item3f2053c1ec

thanks again for the help

74f100
Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013, 2:59 PM

Post #7 of 9 (4221 views)
Shortcut

I didn't realize you were in the UK. Unfortunately I can't pull up anything on any of the European sets. I was curious, just tried to pull your model on LG.
HDMI not working

allnighta
New User

Jan 17, 2013, 3:02 PM

Post #8 of 9 (4219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] LG HOTEL MODE [In reply to] Can't Post

so you thinks its worth getting the remote to try and sort it m8

74f100
Enthusiast

Jan 18, 2013, 1:09 AM

Post #9 of 9 (4212 views)
Shortcut

You could try.

I just can't access any information on that set. North American and European models are very different TV's typically. That's why I made my earlier comment, I also do LG commercial and hospitality sets. You would have to speak to a tech in the UK, we simply don't have the information here to advise you with any certainty.
HDMI not working

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)